This is so simple, and a great basis for healthy comfort food after way, way too much holiday fare.
Holiday Leftovers Ramen Stock
- 1 large ham bone, some meat attached
- 1 chicken carcass, some meat attached, or 2 chicken legs and 2 chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, quartered, no need to peel
- 3 large slices ginger (about 1/2″ thick each), no need to peel
- 1/2 head of garlic, no need to peel
- 1 square konbu (optional but adds delicious umami), about 4″
Place all ingredients in a large crockpot. Cover with water. Cook on low overnight, and strain the next morning. Voila, fantastic ramen stock. Makes about 3 quarts, depending on the size of your crock.